Sunday, February 24, 2008

ADVENTURES

I have been involved in the past month in changing my life. Not easy to do at 52; I just celebrated my birthday last week at my dining room table surrounded by my children , Mom and some people that I love.

This blogsite would not be up without the needed help of a sweet friend Steve in MO who shortened my learning curve and just did it for me. Thank you so much you sweet-smiled man!!!

I am creating three streams of income to replace the W-2 income I have had for years in sales in the tech industry. A brave, but predictable step. I want the flex time to do the things my God asks of me...that is, to be a voice of peace between two disparate groups. I have now idea where this all began in me and will try to address it in future blogs. I do know however that a large part is to be attributed to my dear friend Netto, a native American lesbian that I have known for about 8 years. We both hike in the same canyons daily (hence "canyonwalker") and she kept seeing my Brittany along the trails wondering who this racing fool belonged to. Me. We finally started walking together and a deep friendship have been knitted.

I have always had a heart for social justice and it pains me to think that Netto is conceived of as less than me for her orientation. Ultimately though, God did the picking. He put this heart in me, this mind, this compassion and He gets to direct the most useful path for the manifestation of it.

I really do not know where I will be going to make a difference. I am so open-handed to my God and am so confident that He will direct me. It will be an e-ticket and I am ready...the work is going on to create businesses and learn what I need to learn to be a success in those areas. I am even back in college for a class on Entreprenuerism. I spent yesterday sitting at my desk creating objectives, mission statements and action lists for five areas of my life: personal, travel business, video business, dog walking, and this arena---social justice. I have a lot ahead of me and really am so grateful to Steve for jump starting this for me. I would be months away without him. Now off to bed to read the NY Times--my daily addiction. I did finish every square of the Sunday puzzle and now want to read some sections. It snowed over a foot at my home today and much of the day was spend shoveling my drive and a friends' FAR bigger drive. It makes me appreciate my far smaller house with the less expensive energy bills as well.

Please do interact with me, I love high level conversation. I do not like nastiness, but I will engage in civil discourse. Jesus was kind to detractors, I try to follow Him. Good night moon. Kathy

No comments: